Quick Video Tutorial
Printable Recipe Card
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
For the Soup:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes & green chilies don't drain
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn drained
- 3 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 bay leaves
For the Garnishes:
- shredded cheese Mexican blend
- tortilla strips: 5 corn tortillas & 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- avocado sliced
- sour cream
- Set the Instant Pot to the "Sauté" setting. Pour in olive oil and chopped onions. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the rest of the soup ingredients (except for the bay leaves) and stir. Place the bay leaves on the very top of the soup.
- Lock the lid in place, move the steam release handle to "sealing", and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on the manual high setting for 10 minutes. (Note: It will take several minutes to build pressure)
- When done, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes and then manually release the rest of the pressure with the steam release handle.
- Carefully, remove the lid and remove bay leaves.
- Remove the chicken breasts, cut into thirds, and place in a large bowl. Shred chicken with an electric handheld mixer on low speed.
- Place shredded chicken back in the soup and stir.
- To make the tortilla strips, place corn tortillas on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, lightly coat tortillas with olive oil, cut into 1/2" wide strips, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Garnish tortilla soup with cheese, tortilla strips, sliced avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!