St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner and what's more fun than getting in the kitchen and baking green chocolate chunk cookies with your kids? These oatmeal cookies are so soft and yummy that they won't last very long…especially in my house! My 5-year-old son did most of the cooking (and eating) and let me tell you, he did one heck of a job! Now, get in the kitchen and bake up these fun cookies with your babies!
Quick Video Tutorial
St. Patrick's Day Green Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 1 bag (12 ounces) white chocolate morsels
- 1 tsp green gel food coloring
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- Pour white chocolate morsels into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. Add green gel food coloring and stir.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Freeze for 15 minutes and then break chocolate up into small chunks.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine butter, applesauce, and sugar. Using a paddle attachment, cream together until smooth.
- Mix in egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- On low speed, slowly add flour and rolled oats until completely incorporated.
- Still on low speed, mix in green chocolate chunks until just combined.
- Drop 2-3 tablespoons of cookie mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet or roll-up your sleeves and get messy, making equal balls of dough spaced evenly apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool on wire rack or counter.
- Serve and enjoy!