Can you say comfort food?! This Chicken Broccoli Rice is my go-to meal on nights when I need dinner ready in a hurry! It's cooked in the Instant Pot for only 15 minutes! You can't beat that! Also, be sure to also check out my Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe!
This dish is so creamy, cheesy, and delicious! In this recipe, I use chicken thighs because they taste so good and are so tender, but you can definitely substitute them with chicken breasts! Also, the frozen broccoli can be substituted for fresh broccoli, and the Better Than Bouillon can be substituted with three chicken bouillon cubes. Now pull out that Instant Pot and let's get to cooking!
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 pound (2 cups) boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut up into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 2 cups long-grain rice, rinsed
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- parsley (for garnish)
- Turn Instant Pot on "Sauté" mode. Once hot, add butter, onions, and chicken. Sprinkle salt and garlic on top and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn off the "Sauté" mode and dump everything else (except cheese & parsley) into the Instant Pot. Make sure the rice is covered in liquid, without stirring.
- Lock the lid in place, move the steam release handle to "Sealing", and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on the "Manual" high-pressure setting for 5 minutes. (Note: It will take several minutes to build pressure)
- When done, let the pressure "naturally" release for 5 minutes and then "manually" release the rest of the pressure with the steam release handle.
- Carefully remove the lid. Add cheese and stir.
- Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!
If you're a cheese addict like my children and me, add extra cheese on top before serving for extra yumminess!